Saturday, May 8, 2010

"Sew" Glad We're Friends.


It would seem that I am really "into" making cards, but truly I am not. I like to Scrapbook pictures of things & people I want to remember the most. However, I LOVE to give & send cards so being in a card exchange is perfect for me. Every other month I design & duplicate one card, then after the exchange I get 20 different cards back!! This month Pink Pineapple Scrapbooks' FREE card exchange is "theme-less." So...anything goes baby! I made a "friend" card because I have so many "thank you cards," "birthday cards," and cards for the holidays I thought it would be a nice addition to my stash. I also chose to make a "friend" card because all of my friends have been heavily on my heart lately. Maybe it's due to my lack of actually "being" a friend this past year...(long story...don't wanna bore you.) The stamp I used for the card is from Stamping Up (which I purchased from my friend Cierra!) The stamp reads "Sew Glad We're Friends." I attempted my hand at sewing finally....although I did purchase a sewing machine from Jessica about two years ago that has been screaming "use me!" (Now I wanna play with it more!!) I used fabric & mesh, and distressed the edges of the paper to give the card a "hand-sewn" look....oh well...it was a good college try! These cards were fun to make, and I can NOT wait to see the cards that I get back in return! The cards are due by June 5th (I didn't procrastinate...yeah!!!)....the great part about the group is that you can choose to go to the short social gathering to discuss the techniques you used to make the cards. If you don't want to go you can just drop off your cards (or mail them) & you get a stack of cards back right after the little meet-up. The group is limited to 20 participants so you don't have to make a hundred cards!! I know for June we have about 7 spaces left....I'd love for you to join us!! xoxox
Giggle for the day:
Two kids were deciding what game to play. One said, “Let’s play doctor.” “Good idea,” said the other. “You operate, and I’ll sue.”
(Someone emailed the joke to me & I laughed out loud....literally.)

No comments:

Post a Comment