Sunday, April 25, 2010

From Scraps To Cards...

If you know me well, you will not find this topic "out of the ordinary!"
It is a FACT: I do NOT like to throw out anything related to Scrapbooking.
Someone once told me "If you can't mount a picture on it throw it out!" GASP! Have they not seen the cute punches that I store in a basket? (Although I have not USED them in years.) OR all the stamps I store in plastic containers that could be used to doll up those tiny little paper treasures!! Seriously folks, work with me here!! Save a tree, save your scraps!!
Ok, enough rambling about my obsessive hoarding of all things paper.....

All the little bits & pieces that were sitting in a pile looked like a mound of gold that must be shined & displayed!! Instead of scooping up my "mess" & trashing all the leftovers after finishing up with the making of my "Garden" swap; I decided to make Birthday cards for the Free Card Exchange.
Here is the little card I whipped up with the scrappies:

The Card Exchange was held on April 10th, the day AFTER I left for our vacation. Thanks to Dee Steeves for being a WONDERFUL hostess. She made sure that the exchange went on without a hitch!

Here are a few pictures of the cards I received back in exchange!





Awesome group of ladies....so excited the ubber talented (& highly published I might add!!) Christine Penaflor has joined this group!! The theme for June's cards is "Anything Goes." OK.....I soooo LOVE that we have the freedom to use WHATEVER we want this time around & choose any theme that suits our fancy.
Why? 'Cuz that's how I roll!!
The next exchange will be June 5th at 11am (which by the way is NOT mandatory to be part of the exchange, just a fun little meet-up). There are a maximum of 20 participants (so we don't make 100 of the same exact card!!). We do have a few spots open & I would absolutely LOVE to have you join us!! Just shoot me an email and I will give you all the deets.
Giggle of the Day:
Aspen comes in crying, "Mommmmmyyy Coleby called me a bad word!" I say, "WHAT did he call you!" Terrified of the reply. She says through sweet little tears, "He called me WEIRD!"

No comments:

Post a Comment